6'x4' Isfahan Pure Silk Area Rug Carpet Ivory Medallion Oriental Hand Knotted
This hand-knotted pure silk on silk area rug is of museum quality crafted by the finest artisan in family-based village cottage units using natural organic pure silk. The beautiful well-balanced color tones in this carpet highlight the beautiful medallion design. These silk rugs glow with a divine lustrous sheen resulting from the interplay of infinite reflections causing dramatic changes in the colors, tones, and hues from one edge of the carpet to the other, creating a mesmerizing and magical effect.
- Technique: 100% Hand-Knotted by the finest artisans
- Size: 6ft x 4ft (182 cm x 120 cm) (Approx.)
- Pile Thickness: 0.25 Inch (Approx.)
- Condition: New
- Thumb Rule: Thinner the carpet better the quality
- 66 Raj│576 Knots Per Sq. Inch (KPSI)│Quality: 288L
- More than 1.99 Million Knots (Approx.) in the Rug
- All of our rugs are in-stock in our showroom in Boston, United States
- Material: 100% Premium Natural Silk
- Magical Color, Tone and Hue change from each end
- Certified Village Cottage Unit Product
- Pile: Pure Silk│Warp: Pure Silk│Weft: Pure Silk│Foundation: Pure Silk
- Certificate of Authenticity mentioning the above facts will be enclosed
- History of the design Included
- Maintenance Instructions Included
- Style: Oriental, Persian, Kashmiri, Traditional
- Creation Time: 20 months, Approx.
- Made in Kashmir, India
- Ship from Boston, USA
- Rug SKU: SOS6X4M01
View additional pictures to see the intricate design and beautiful pattern done in superb craftsmanship unparalleled in the whole world by the finest artisans in village cottage units using natural organic materials.
Bring the 15th Century world into your living room with the glow of a museum-quality Kashmiri silk rug. From the expansive loft to the grand palace, nothing conveys good taste and lush culture like Kashmiri silk rugs.
Our selections of exquisite silk rugs reflect the glory and grandeur of the royal Mogul courts. Hand-knotted in the finest quality silk, these silk rugs glow with a divine lustrous sheen resulting from the interplay of infinite reflections. These cause dramatic changes in the colors, tones, and hues from one edge of the carpet to the other, creating a mesmerizing and magical effect. Every single rug design has a rich history and tradition dating back to prior centuries, making every rug an heirloom and a fascinating conversation piece.
Under the patronage of Mughal emperors like Shah Jahan who built Taj Mahal, Kashmiri artisans created the finest silk carpets for nobles, aristocrats, royal courts, and grand palaces. Inspired by the natural beauty of the Kashmir valley and its flora and fauna, new decorative floral motifs were introduced into the carpet-making. Over time, using the finest silk fibers, Kashmiri artisans were able to create exclusive museum-quality rugs using an extremely high number of knots per square inch, and blending scores of vivacious colors into a single rug.